Tuesday 17 November 2009

Princess Zohra praises Nato

Our friend Princess Zohra has been speaking on the 60th anniversary of Nato. She said:

My name is Zohra Mahmoud Ghazi and Afghanistan is my homeland.

I hold no personal nor political ambition.

My contribution tonight is inspired by my grandfather, Sardar Naim Khan, (brother of Sardar Daoud Khan, the first President of Afghanistan) who’s thoughts and beliefs have motivated me through my whole life.

Being one of four daughters and a son, not once did I feel like a second class citizen to my brother. Education and aspirations for our futures were of equal importance.

Thirty years ago, Afghanistan was a functioning State evolving but the roots were cut from under us. Even in our state of chaos today, the determination of the young to be a part of the world community is thriving.

Nato’s contribution in Afghanistan can bring the stability to unify the country. This can also be achieved whilst recognising its tribal history and the ability of its women, who are resilient, proud and a valuable asset for the county’s future development.

Afghans as a whole understand good motives;

No Afghan family has escaped tragedy, and so no Afghan underestimates the importance of Nato’s commitment to long-term peace.

No comments: